Our Healthcare team is nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report, Chambers, Legal 500, Modern Healthcare, M&A Atlas Awards, Law360 and Los Angeles Business Journal for providing experienced legal counsel to healthcare providers, payors, institutions and almost every form of healthcare related organization. This experience gives us a unique perspective and understanding of the mindset that each side brings to the table. It also enables us to develop effective solutions to fit our clients’ needs and objectives—making the pieces of the puzzle fit together within a complex framework that includes fraud and abuse, antitrust, Medicare/Medicaid/commercial reimbursement, HIPAA, corporate M&A and restructuring and insolvency issues, to name only a few.
We have represented almost every variation of healthcare and industry associated organization, only a sampling of which has included:
- Medical groups, IPAs (“Independent Practice Associations”) and integrated delivery systems
- Hospitals (including nonprofit, for profit and academic hospitals)
- Universities and medical centers
- Health Plans (“HMOs”) and Preferred Provider Organizations (“PPOs”)
- Skilled nursing facilities and assisted living centers
- Medical device manufacturers
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Medical imaging centers
- Pathology labs
- Medical billing companies
- Medical management companies
Our counsel spans the host of issues ranging from fraud and abuse to antitrust, Stark law to HIPAA, Medicare compliance to investigation defense, hospital joint ventures, integrated delivery system formation to workouts and restructuring, outpatient imaging and surgery centers, corporate, tax and finance to intellectual property, real estate, land use and labor/employment. We help our clients resolve all manner of disputes through alternative dispute resolution strategies, advocacy before administrative agencies, traditional litigation, appellate advice and antitrust prosecution and defense.
Click here to read more about our Healthcare practice.